Download 2013 Rules.
Download 2013 Rules.
Go here for NCAA Rules
Go here for NCAA Roster Instructions
Online Roster Rules»
- To be included in the 2013 College Coaches Packet; you must have your Online Roster completed by July 6, 2013 11:00 p.m. (EDT).
- While you may continue to modify your Online Roster until July 6, 2013 11:00 p.m. (EDT), please note these changes will NOT be available to College Coaches, so please don't deny your players this exposure.
- You may not add ANY PLAYER after July 10, 2013 11:00 p.m. (EDT).
- DO NOT bring any player to the 2013 Hoosier Shootout that is NOT on your Online Roster or has been added AFTER July 10, 2013 11:00 p.m. (EDT).
- YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR ROSTER ONLINE WITH THE NCAA, NO FAXED OR MAILED ROSTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED. TEAMS WITHOUT COMPLETE NCAA ROSTERS BY July 6, 2013 WILL BE FORFEITED WITH NO REFUND.
- One Entry Form Required For Each Team Entered.
Entry Fee: $475.00/Team...$450.00/Additional Club Team(s) (No refunds)
- Only Paid Entry Guarantees a Spot / Cashiers Checks/Money Orders/ PayPal Only after June 25, 2013
- Entry Deadline – July 6, 2013 or when tournament is full – No entries accepted after July 6, 2013
2013 Tournament Guidelines»
- NFHS Rules for game play (no running clock, 2 - 16 minute halves).
- Minimum 5 minute pre-game warm-up.
- 5 minute halftime.
- No game will start early
- 5 minute grace period for forfeits.
- AAU Rules apply to all tie-breakers:
- Any two-way tie, head-to-head
- Any three-way tie:
- Point differential of games involving tied teams only.
- Differential value is assessed and ranked.
- In the event two teams end with the same differential value refer to two-way tie.
- In the event all three teams are still tied add in differential with fourth team.
- If three way ties still exist, coin flip.
- We provide for all score clock & timers and at most sites the score book, but home team will provide score book if necessary.
- ALL Teams must complete the NCAA Online Roster Process and meet above deadlines or face forfeiture without refund.
- No person will be allowed on the bench without registering.
- No person, other than players in uniform, will be allowed on the bench without an NCAA Approval number.
- Registration will consist of presenting government issued picture identification and a complete NCAA coach’s approval number. No person will be allowed to coach without this complete documentation.
- All Teams must adhere to the NCAA Residency Rules: 3 player maximum from out of state.
- Bench personal is limited to 4 NCAA approved persons. We will issue a maximum of 4 bench wristbands.
- Coaches must wear wristbands to enter venues. Coaches must wear wristbands while on the bench.
- Everyone other than players will need an admission wristband to get into any venue. Team Players must wear uniforms for admission to games. If players wish to view additional games they must wear their jersey tops for admission.
- Event teams, event coaches, fans and general public are strictly prohibited from entering a COLLEGE COACHES ONLY entrance or seating area.
- Event teams will enter and leave the bench area away from the college coaches seating area.
- The NCAA prohibits all Division 1 coaches from talking to event coaches, event players, players’ family members and general public.
- All team members and a team coach are required to attend the mandatory NCAA Educational Session, failure to do so will result immediate forfeiture from the tournament.
- Home Team is listed first or on top and will wear light colored jerseys.
- Tournament Director’s decision is final and without appeal.
Required Event Coach Registration
All Bench Personnel are required by the NCAA to Register before you may sit on or near the bench area.
- You must register before your first scheduled game, we will not change the schedule.
- Coaches must bring picture ID to receive their credentials.
- You may Register on Wednesday, July 10th at The Gathering Place,1495 West Main Street
Greenwood, Indiana 46142, from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
- You may Register on Thursday, July 11th at The Gathering Place beginning 7:00am.
- Any Bench Personnel arriving late must report to The Gathering Place at anytime during the event.
- Players are not required to Register.
- If your NCAA - BBCS Approval Status is Yes, you do not need to provide your Approval Number.
- If your NCAA -BBCS Approval Status is No, you may be required to provide your Approval Number.
- We will have the ability to check Approval Status at the event.
- If Approved, you must wear your credentials at every game.
- If Denied or Pending, you must pay General Admission and will not be allowed on or near the bench area.
Required Educational Seminar
All team members and a team coach are required to attend the mandatory NCAA Educational Session. Failure to do so will result immediate forfeiture from the tournament.
Times and Location of NCAA Educational Seminar:
All sessions will be held on July 11th at:
The Gathering Place
1495 West Main Street
Greenwood, Indiana 46142
Times: Every other hour starting at 10:00am to 8:00pm – Coaches may choose which session to attend.
Email: staff at hoosiershootout dot com
Director, Team Entry:
Director, Team Services:
345 S. Muller Pkwy #20
Bloomington, IN 47403
I witness to others that it (Hoosier Shootout) is one of the best organized and ran tournaments during an evaluation period we have ever been to in the past. When I say we I mean coaches, parents & players both inside our organization and others in which I come in contact.
Bob, I just wanted to let you know what a great tournament we felt like the Hoosier Shootout was.
Our 16u team have traveled to many AAU Nationals, Vegas, etc.
and we felt we got the most exposure at your tournament.
It’s always a pleasure to come to the Hoosier Shootout
– you guys do a great job and I consider it one of the
finest AAU tournaments in the nation.
... the Hoosier Shootout was the most organized tournament we have attended.
Great job and we will see you next year!
Just a note to let you know how much we appreciate attending your tournament each year.
We always feel "at home" at the Hoosier Shootout and our staff considers it one of the top tournaments in the nation.
Looking forward to next year! Thanks again for conducting a top-notch tournament!